Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The power of spray paint...

When I was in LA in september I discoverd the Daiso a very cool Japanese shop that sells a lot of cute things for little money. We left the store with a basket full of goodies. One of the things I bought was this very ugly pink doll sewing machine, a perfect size for my dolls but I really did not like the look of it but I saw the potential. Today I decided to try to spray paint the little machine and I'm very please with how it turned out, it looks kind of vintage I think.
Spray painting is such a fun and easy way to give items a new look and I think I'm addicted to it! 

How to spraypaint a toy sewing machine:
This is such a easy thing to do so I will not make a whole tutorial but just write down the steps.

- cover an area with newspaper ( best to do this outside or in a well ventilated space)
- tape of the pieces you don't want to paint, I liked the white knob so I coverd it with with masking tape.
- spray paint the machine with a thin layer so the paint will not drip, wait untill its dry and repeat this proces    untill the machine is perfectly coverd
- when the machine is dry take of the masking tape and you are ready!





2 comments:

Dawn said...

Your little machine turned out great - such an improvement. I don't know if I would have recognized the potential in the pink version. I love your photo with the kitty paw. Too cute!

Nina Athena said...

I’ve been your silent reader for quite some time and now I’m delighted to say that I’m inspired by your articles. You have shared very valuable information and knowledge that people should recognise. Thank you for sharing. I would love to see more News and updates from you.